Monday, October 16, 2017

Blog about Twitter

A twitter consists of short discussion of ideas that can be tweeted anytime. The conversation has be short and precise of about 140 words. The comments are backed by hashtags that are easy to navigate to reach to a particular conversation. A BlackBoard discussion is nowhere near a twitter discussion. The discussion board is not backed by hashtags and it is not as easy to navigate. I would say the biggest difference is the twitter app. On BlackBoard to view or comment on discussions every time I would have to login to my blackboard account, whereas on twitter the mobile app makes it much easier and a lot more quicker to respond. On the hand an in class discussion is a direct live interaction with classmates. We do not have to sit behind our phone screens and read and analyse a discussion before commenting on it. It is instant and allows different ideas to flow in a short period of time.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rahim,

    I find it interesting that you think the discussion board on blackboard is not easy to navigate because for me, it is the exact opposite. For my psychology class for example, my professor would post a topic each week under the discussion tab and students would post their material. Therefore I find this very organized where you can see every students response to that topic.

    ReplyDelete